Agriculture is very important to the economy of the 11th district. Knowing this, I asked to be placed on the Ag Committee right off the bat. I have been an Active member of the Agriculture and consumer affairs committee since 2010 and have sponsored a number of bills to improve Agriculture in our state.
The 11th district has:
- 750 poultry houses ( Value: $250 million )
- Produces 7.5 million pounds of beef, raises 1500 horses, and a wide variety of goats and other livestock (Value: $13.5 million )
- Over 1000 farms whose average size is 85 acres
- We have 3 tractor and farm equipment dealerships, 6 Ag suppliers, and many other allied companies to assist our Ag producers.
- A wide variety of other agricultural enterprises.The 11th district is one of the largest agricultural areas north of Macon according to Ag Census reports.
I have spent my life working with the folks who make working in agriculture part of their life. I have been a leader in this area for many years.
- I will continue to work to defend your ability to work the land and help feed our community. To defend Agriculture, you must understand the issues and challenges you face. I know the issues.
- Property rights are important to all of us. I will defend them.
- You need a representative in Atlanta who protects your business, lifestyle, and values. I have and will stand up for you.
- Water and agriculture go hand in hand. I understand this critical issue and I will be involved in the development of guidelines for water use.
- When we created the Jasper Farmers Market 15 years ago, we knew it would increase income for our local farmers/gardeners. It did, and we worked with then Representative Graves to make the rules of Farm Markets in Georgia more market friendly. Itís one of the largest community Farmerís Markets in North Georgia.
- 6) Our Agricultural youth programs are valuable to our schools and communities and to our families. FFA, 4-H, and Young Farmers programs prepare our kids and young people for the future. Our district has very successful programs in these areas. I will be for youth and all of Agriculture.
We know it is Deeds not Words that determine what kind of leader you are. Agriculture and the 11th District need a leader who has fought for Agriculture before and is not afraid to speak up and take a stand.
Vote for Rick Jasperse. I want to serve you as your State Representative! You can count on me.